Thursday, July 3, 2008

The last time...I promise

Money Spent: $21.06
What: Dinner at Mimi's Cafe

Money Spent: around $15
What: the DVD "Amelie"

Money Spent: $3.50
What: Candy and frozen lemonade

I seriously think this is my last bout of heavy spending for at least...a week. At least when it comes to eating out. The story behind this is that my friend is leaving for France in two days. A best friend, I will not see her until our birthdays (my 22nd, her 21st) at the end of September. We obviously needed to have a "girl's night out" before she left, bringing us to Mimi's and two delicious dinners--the leftovers of which we both inconveniently left at the restaurant. I then bought "Amelie" at Best Buy because 1) she had not seen it, 2) it was perfectly French and 3) I had been wanting to buy the movie for a long time (it being one of my favorites). We almost waited in line for ice cream at Greater's but decided to buy our own snacks at Krogers instead. (The candy, just to clarify, is for my desk at work). My friends couldn't have picked a worse time to all be flying the coup for bigger and better adventures elsewhere--all these "going away" dinners are seriously going to break the bank. Seriously, what's wrong with Cincinnati, Ohio?

In the spending forecast, there are some major purchases on the horizen. My boyfriend's 21st birthday is only a week away, requiring me to do some major shopping sometime next week. I will delay posting that purchase, however, since he reads this blog. Then there will be the birthday dinner, etc, etc. Also, I need to start seriously considering buying a latop battery and external hard drive. I found the brand I liked in the Dell flyer, and so now I have a more legit way of researching these Iomega drives without resorting to Amazon. And the orange light is still blinking on the laptop, and so that problem HAS to be addressed before I go back to school in the fall.

No comments: