Monday, June 9, 2008

Payback

Money Spent: $5
What: Bruegger's Bagels

I know, I know. I'm trying to be a frugal lunch-er this summer by diligently packing a turkey on wholegrain wheat everyday. I usually toss in a small square of dark chocolate to nibble on when my energy starts to lack (and enrich myself with plenty of antioxidants!), as well as keep a baggie of Sun Chips and Smarties in my desk. However when a co-worker offered to pick me up something from Bruegger's...I couldn't say no. I hadn't been to the delicious deli since I'd been home, owing to the fact that I rarely eat out while at home and my college town is disappointingly lacking in one. However, I have grown an affinity for a certain sandwich at Bruegger's--turkey, garlic cream cheese, lettuce and a sun-dried tomato spread, hold the onion. Delicious. Plus, I'm still new to the office so it was also an attempt at fitting in and making friends.

Did it work? No idea. Was my sandwich delicious? You bet. Am I sad that I had to surrender $5? Not really. Like I said, I don't get out much.

No comments: