Saturday, June 28, 2008

A new, and belated, entry

Money Spent: $89.37
What: Car Insurance

Money Spent: $5.00
What: Subway

Money Spent: $10.63
What: Under-the-bed storage bin

Sorry about the insurance entry...as I hooked State Farm up with an automatic withdrawal system, I tend to forget that I pay around $90 a month in car insurance. Well, I didn't forget to record in my financial files, but I overlooked it here. Can't say too much about it, though. I forget what my premium is, or what is covered, but just assume it's standard for a 21-year-old female with a clean driving record.

Concerning Subway: it was a Friday evening, my brother and I were starving from "playing" tennis for the past few hours, and the food stash was running low at our house. However, $5 for a footlong meatball sub (don't judge me because I don't eat like a girl) is a pretty good deal. However, whenever I say I'll save the other half, I usually end up eating 3/4 of the entire thing and throwing away the rest. That can't be good.

The last bit of spending was actually a necessary item that I had been preparing to purchase for some time now. I didn't want to make an extraneous trip to Wal-Mart, so I waited for the boyfriend to come home and take me on a "date" there. Heehee. Aren't we romantic. But in all seriousness, my closet at home and at school has been close to overflowing for months now. And since my wardrobe recently saw an influx in new "professional" clothes for my internship, I needed to move some sweaters and sweatshirts out of the closet. Now if only I could find some way to store that prom dress...

Lucky for me, though, is my paycheck from a week ago. Plus, I received a refund check from school for $30--money left over from one of my meal plans. I plan on cashing it in sometime this week and using that cash in my wallet. If there's anything that annoys me more, it is having to whip out my debit card for a $10 purchase. It barely encourages frugal spending.

Also, look out for an upcoming entry about a recent spending spree on iTunes. I know, I know. I told myself to stay away. Luckily, the total isn't going to come out any more than $6 so don't wet yourselves. But I can't say for sure until I receive a receipt. Until then, here's hoping I keep the wallet in my purse, where it belongs!

No comments: